Overblog Follow this blog
Edit post Administration Create my blog
June 15 2011 4 15 /06 /June /2011 14:29

Warning: Copper salts are toxic, and zinc is slightly toxic. Do not eat or drink.


You will need:


Copper(II) chloride or copper sulfate



Dissolve copper(II) chloride or copper sulfate in water. Add zinc. You will see a red precipitate of copper forming on the zinc. Depending on the acidity of your solution, there may be hydrogen produced. The solution will eventually turn colorless if you added enough zinc. The colorless solution is zinc chloride or zinc sulfate. The copper was reduced and the zinc was oxidized.

Share this post

Repost 0
Published by LanthanumK - in Experiments
write a comment